Monday, July 16, 2012

BARBARA'S PEACHY CHICKEN

I have had this recipe for years and finally got around to making it today.  It was so good, so tasty with the peaches and nutmeg, I wanted to share it with you as soon as I could. I used an 8 x 8 covered Corning Ware dish to bake the chicken.  I had so much liquid that I could have easily used a little larger dish and added another chicken breast.





























BARBARA'S PEACHY CHICKEN

3   chicken breasts, halved
1/2   cup flour
salt and pepper
2   tablespoons butter
1 1/2   cups orange juice
2   tablespoons vinegar
2   tablespoons brown sugar
1   teaspoon basil
1/2   teaspoon nutmeg
1   can (16 oz) peach slices, drained

Shake chicken pieces in a bag with flour and salt and pepper to taste; brown in butter in skillet.  

Place browned chicken in a greased 3-quart casserole dish.

Combine orange juice with vinegar, sugar, basil, and nutmeg.  Pour over chicken.

Cover and bake at 375 degrees F for 1 hour and 15 minutes, or until tender.  Baste often.  (I set the timer for 15 minutes intervals, and basted each time.)

Then place peach slices between chicken pieces, baste well, and bake uncovered for 15 more minutes.

Serves 4.  Good served over rice.  

 

No comments:

Post a Comment