Friday, July 27, 2012

WHOLE WHEAT BROWN SUGAR BANANA BREAD PANCAKES

These are as good as the name is long! If you like to make dishes from "scratch" so you know what is really in them, then you need to try this recipe.  I don't remember where I found it, but it is a recent find....this year anyway. I didn't change this recipe to use my favorite whole wheat pastry flour.  It came that way.  I am sure if you don't have any, that you could substitute all-purpose flour.  They just won't be called......







WHOLE WHEAT BROWN SUGAR BANANA BREAD PANCAKES

2   cups whole wheat pastry flour
2   teaspoons baking powder
1/4   teaspoon salt
1/4   cup brown sugar
1   teaspoon cinnamon
1/4   teaspoon  nutmeg
2/3   cup milk
1   tablespoon vanilla
3   large ripe bananas, mashed

Mix the dry ingredients with a whisk to combine well.  Then add  the milk, vanilla, and bananas.  Mix well.  Mixture will be thick.  Cook as you usually do pancakes.  

I like little pancakes and my husband likes bigger ones.  I usually cook his first since they take longer to cook and then mine.  He also doesn't mind if his pancakes aren't hot off the stove and I do.  So when we eat, mine are hot.....

"just like I like them".  


TIP ALERT!  

 I saw this tip on Pinterest the other day.  To keep your bananas from ripening too fast, pull them apart from the bunch when you get them home.  I thought about this and I got to thinking (I know that can be dangerous) about the single bananas you see in the box by the bunches of bananas in the produce section that people have pulled off for whatever reason  They are not usually overly ripe.  Anyway, I tried it and IT WORKS!  I am so glad to know this.  I don't like my bananas very ripe.







 

No comments:

Post a Comment